"Why choose a wireless LAN?"
The benefits for network managers:
- Lower overall installation expenses and lifecycle costs
- Reduced network cost of ownership
- No need to lay hundreds of metres of hub-to-workstation wiring
- No need to pull cables through walls or ceilings
- New users can be added instantly with no extra cabling required
- Fully scalable and adaptable to meet changing needs
- Reliable and secure
The benefits for users:
- Freedom to access shared information from anywhere in a building, company or organisation without being tied to a cable connection
- Enhances productivity and efficiency by placing the internet, email, corporate data and applications constantly at the fingertips
- Access to real-time information in meeting rooms to help with decision-making
- Notebook users never lose connection, even when moving from office to office
Range and coverage
Covering up to 100 metres, one Access Point typically supports up to 30 wireless clients. Full roaming freedom can be supported by the creating overlapping microcells.
System integrity and reliability
Toshiba's robust technology provides data integrity performance as good as, if not better than, wired networking.
Wireless LAN interoperability
Toshiba's wireless LAN solutions provide industry-standard interconnection with wired systems, including Ethernet (802.3).
Security is a critical consideration for wireless LANs, with the result that Toshiba wireless LAN technology is more secure than most wired LANs. Multiple security layers, including 64 WEP Data Scrambling and Access Point user PC authentication, as well as other standard features such as password identification, protect valuable corporate data.
Toshiba's wireless LAN networking devices operate at a frequency of 2.4GHz - well within the guidelines set by the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. They transmit at a power level less than 1/50th of a normal cellular phone operating at the similar frequency band.